Since I now have a functioning vise I decided to finish up the #10 (and then use it to adjust the tenons on my workbench). A week or two ago I finished up the handle repair following the method on RexMill.com and the epoxy worked great. Unfortunately I missed that the fog had rolled in while I was spraying shellac so the handles ended up with a milky finish but it will be good enough for a working tool.
Then I put the plan body into the vise and took a look at the plane mouth which had been badly mangled, likely in an effort to repair a chip. I used my combination square and scratched a straight line across the front of the mouth. A few passes with the file created a fairly straight mouth, though it could be a bit cleaner.
I flattened the bottom with some 60 grit paper and a diamond stone and then put it all back together. I swapped out the bent threaded rod for the rear tote with one from my part bin and stole the rear tote screw from an unused #5. It worked pretty well on some of my workbench tenons but it still needs to tuning and adjusting. Specifically the sides need to be squared with the bottom and the chip breaker needs to be made the same width as the blade.