I took advantage of a day without meetings at work and snuck over to the office workshop yesterday afternoon. I had been milling the leg blanks for weeks and it was time to do the turning. After a few trys i got it down to the minimal amount of moves and managed to get the entire batch together.
After getting roughly round i marked the two spots for the parting tool.
After getting two my two depths i removed most of the material with a roughing gouge.
Then i added a rough cove.
Then smoother it out with a chisel gouge.
At home I used a hatchet to remove the left over and then finished shaving with my Veritas Tapered Tenon cutter.