Since I am back in town full time I am starting to make some progress. I cut the legs to attain the seat slope listed in the Anarchist’s Design Book but ended up cutting it a second time to take an additional 3/4 inch off the front two legs. I then pinned the crest rail tenons with bamboo skewers and trimmed them flush.
After a bit of sanding it was time to start the finishing process. I have been repainting the third bedroom in our house so all of my drop-cloths were already out upstairs so up we went. I had mixed ups some van-dyke crystal dye last year as mark of a test batch of finish so I used that
I was planning on the black on red milk-paint from the Chair-maker’s notebook but now I’m starting to rethink that. This is a test project so I might try some Watco over the stain and see how it looks.