A lot of progress this weekend. I finished assembling the second leg assembly and trimmed the wedges and pins.
I also milled the cross piece and cut it to length. A couple of weeks ago I realized that the piece of construction lumber I had air drying in my garage was not going to work so I was forced to pick up a piece of kiln dried SVG from the hardware store lumber yard (this one board cost more than the rest of the base combined).
Unfortunately, the widest piece they had was a 2×6 and the design calls for a 6 inch wide board. To make up the difference, I decided to add the corbels before cutting the tenons. I lasted out the strips on the cutoff from the board and added 3 inches to make up for the tenon.
A little work with the draw knife, spoke-shave, and spindle sander gave me matching curves. In the process I realized I had shaped the wrong end of one of the boards so the grain direction is the opposite of the stretcher… Oh well.
Tonight I will figure out how to cut a through tenon on a 5 foot long board.