Over the weekend I discovered my newly sharpened miter saw pulls slightly to the left on long cuts which meant I pulled out the oscillating spindle sander to square up the ends of some table pieces. While I had it pulled out I decided to finish up my leg vise.
The hub was removed and received some much needed smoothing and beveling and the end caps on the handle were adjusted.
Both got a few coats of BLO applied with steel wool and the hub will get a few more coats over the next few months. This has become my finish of choice for the African Teak handles in my shop. It’s not a wood I would ever buy but the pieces I was given have been useful.