Tonight after the kiddo was put to bed I headed down to the garage, pulled the chop out of its clamps, and proceeded to battle the end grain in my shooting board. My #7 is going to need resharpening after the battle with the hard maple and I ended up resorting to my Japanese saw rasp but the end is fairly square with the sides.
After planning both sides until everything was relatively flat I clamped the chop to the leg and marked the screw whole position from the back using the auger bit.
Then I used the chamfer shave to ease all of the edges before testing the fit in its final location. It looks like I will eventually need a longer acme rod but at the moment it should work for my needs. I also still need to to chop the mortises for the parallel guide but it’s getting there.