I got some shop time on Sunday and spent most of it angering out the waste from the bench top’s through mortices. I also finished chopping out the space for my end vise which just needs some minor adjustments.
I am getting better at making a square hole and I marked the mortice center line on both sides of the bench to see how close the spur came to its mark. Every hole came close and the last few were just about dead on.
It was a hot and muggy weekend (by SF standards) and I should have known better but when I sprayed a coat of shellac on the handles of my #10 they ended up with a milky white color to them. Hopefully this will go away as it driers so I can avoid sanding it off.
I had also hoped to get the groove for the sliding deadman cut but that will have to wait until next weekend (I’m in D.C. all week for work).