Vise restoration part 2 

Yesterday I removed the rest of the rust off of the parallel bars using a plastic abrasive disk, as recomended by paul sellers.   It also did a nice job on the faces and integrated bench dog.

  
I decided the pair was in good enough shape to leave alone.  After a heavy coat of 3-in-1 oil on the threads and bars I ran through the operation a few times and was happy with how smooth it worked.   Hopefully on Sunday I was start the mounting process on the end of the bench, one I lay out the leg mortices.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s