More Workbench Work

On Sunday I finished flattening the top and squared the front edge as best I could before making the front and back edges parallel.  Then it was time to square off the ends.  I decided to use my old circular saw (which has not been used in at least 8 years) to save some time and finishing each up each cut with a hand saw.  Unfortunately I made the rookie mistake of trusting the bevel gauge on the saw so while the ends are square to the front, there is a heavy slope compared to the top.

IMG_0766

Once I figure out how to re-adjust the bevel gauge I will make another attempt but in the meantime the top needs to be made a consistent thickness which will be my after bedtime project this week.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s