Just once I would like a large glue-up to go off without a hitch.
Last night I glued the top and back panel into place and it was a mess. After a dry fitting that went together fine I took everything apart, made some clamping blocks, and laid out the readjusted clamps on my bench. Then I brushed liquid hide glue on each piece and assembled the back and slid it into place (by badly cut dovetails in this corner as what allowed me to assemble it in this manner). I start hammering and clamping joints closed and realize that top piece of the back panel wont seat with the side (right by the red WoodPecker angle piece). Fist I try a mallet, no luck, then I try to clamp it which resulted in damage to the tongue (and cursing, thank goodness my son was asleep).
I finally give-up and take the whole assembly apart (score one for the long open time of liquid hide glue) and trip down the Douglas fir panel with a hand plane and the joint goes together with no problem.
Okay, add a bit more glue and put it all back together; wont go together again in the same spot. At this point, I am livid and decide this joint is going together even if it breaks something. I find a scrap piece with a groove in it that matched the tongue and release ever clamp except the one right over the joint and I crank it down, HARD. It finally goes together, thank goodness, and I tighten every clamp down. The back corner is a bit out of alignment but the front edge is square so I can live with that.