When I got home from work last night I discovered that the hard maple dowel I ordered from Rockler had arrived and it was noticeably stiffer and more solid feeling that the poplar one from the hardware store. After the kiddo went to bed I headed to the garage and cut two handles and rounded out the arm tips on the oscillating spindle sander.
Next it was time for a tracheotomy; a screw will hold the handle in place. Unfortunately my aim was a bit off but I managed to find the handle hole.
I still need some longer screws so the handle did not get installed but I did get the rounded over dowels installed for the pupils.
I have one goal this weekend, to get the prototype dinosaur body primed and get the rockers coated with boiled linseed oil. That means a lot of sanding will need to happen this weekend.